Saudi Arabia has not commented on the claims by the Houthis, who are backed by Iran and have vowed to close “all access routes” to Saudi oil shipments.
Brig. Gen. Yahya Saree, a Houthi military spokesman, in a still from a televised message the group released on Wednesday. The Houthis claim to have attacked eight ships linked to Saudi Arabia since they declared a blockade on Saudi shipping last month.
The wave of strikes came as President Trump threatened to intensify the American campaign against Iran. U.S. embassies in the region warned of the “potential for unforeseen escalation.”
The Kuwaiti military said that it had detected and destroyed multiple drones in its airspace since dawn. A U.S. Defense Department official said there had been no major impact on its military bases in the region.